Photobucket

Sunday, May 8, 2011

30 Days of Truth - Day 07 - Someone who has made your life worth living for.




There are a lot of someones who have or do make my life worth living. I am so lucky to be able to say that at my darkest hour, there was someone there to provide a light to help me see life is worth living. I am also privileged to have people to share both the sunshine and the rain in my life with.

To pick just one someone is a difficult task. There are obvious people like my children, who give me purpose and insight, who are an amazing mixture of heartbreak and happiness, and my husband, who knows my every secret and loves me the way I am. Then there are the people who I have never actually met, who show a moment of kindness, by way of a smile when I am down, or a knowing lock of the eyes that somehow say, "I understand," without saying a word at all.

The most constant person, however, is my grandpa. When I was an infant he made my life worth living by sheltering me from my parents' bad choices and providing me with a safe and nurturing home. As a child, he cared for me and my grandmother, while working hard everyday at his job, as well as trying to save my mother. He set a good example and made time for me every single day. When he lost the fight for my mother's life, and men, mental illness, and drugs won, he stayed strong for me and my grandma. When she died of a broken heart a short month later, he was the most amazing rock a girl could ask for. He showed me what courage really is. He was always there for me, no matter what I needed.

I didn't realize the impact of what he had to go through to raise me until I had children myself. His spirit is what gives me the courage I need to face my own parenting challenges. His spirit also gives me hope that I can make it despite myself.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones